Introduction to Hammer and Hardie using Glass and Natural Stones (Weekend)
Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd JUNE
Sat from 10am - 6pm
Sun from 10am - 4pm
Suitable for all levels.
This course welcomes complete beginners and people wanting to improve their skills in mosaic using the traditional tools for mosaic, the hammer and hardie, and learn how to cut and shape natural stones and glass (smalti) to create a 20cm square mosaic to take home.
THIS COURSE COVERS:
- Introduction on how to use hammer and hardie to make mosaic
- Practice of cutting stones such as marble and glass
- The direct method of mosaic making onto wooden board
- How to interpret and transform a photograph or drawing into a mosaic
- How to use mosaic making tools
- How to apply basic techniques of andamento (mosaic flow) into your work.
- How to create a stunning work using colour and movement
- How to finish a mosaic.
INSTRUCTOR: Giulia Vogrig
Giulia have been working continuously as a professional mosaic maker since Ieaving the Mosaic School in Spilimbergo, Italy, in 2006. Working first in Italy before moving to London where I have worked for established mosaic artists and on personal projects like for the National Theatre, Merchant Taylors' Hall, the princess of Jordan.
After completing your booking please send your design ideas for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOK AND PAY:
5% discount when booking 2 or more places!
Price includes all materials, tuition and the mosaic you make to take home.
Payment method: Secure payment is being made online through Paypal - choose the number of places and click on Buy Now. If you don't have a Paypal account, then choose the Credit/Debit Card option. Alternatively you can send a cheque to London School of Mosaic, Ludham Basement, London NW5 4SF.
If you have any problems to make a payment, please call us on 020 7620 6070 (Mon-Fri) or send an email to email@example.com