Weaving Mosaic Course - Inspired by Mexican designs
Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 April
Time: 10am - 4pm
Suitable for all levels.
This course welcomes people from all levels of skills, from complete beginners to more experienced mosaic practitioners wanting to develop their skills using the traditional tools for mosaic, the hammer and hardie. Participants will create their own mosaics inspired by Mexican designs, and learn how to cut and shape smalti glass and ceramic tiles to create a 20cm square mosaic to take home.
THIS COURSE COVERS:
- Introduction on how to use hammer and hardie to make mosaic
- Practice of cutting stones such as marble and other natural materials
- The direct method of mosaic making onto wooden board
- How to interpret and transform a photograph or drawing into a mosaic
- How to use mosaic making tools
- How to apply basic techniques of andamento (mosaic flow) into your work.
- How to create a stunning work using colour and movement
- How to finish a mosaic.
INSTRUCTOR: Caterina Goi
Caterina is a professional mosaic maker and studied at the world famous Mosaic School of Spilimbergo, Italy.
BOOK AND PAY:
Payment method: Secure payment is being made online through Paypal - choose the number of places and click on Buy Now. If you don't have a Paypal account, then choose the Credit/Debit Card option. Alternatively you can send a cheque to London School of Mosaic, Ludham Basement, London NW5 4SF.
If you have any problems to make a payment, please call us on 020 7620 6070 (Mon-Fri) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
After completing your booking please send your design ideas for approval to email@example.com