Roman Mosaic Master Class
Direct Method (Wednesday Evenings)
For Improvers & Beginners
Wednesday, 7 February 2018 – Wednesday, 25th April, 2018
12 week class on Wednesday Evenings (30 hours)
Time: 18.00 - 20:30
Great opportunity to make a copy of an original Roman Mosaic size 20cm x 20cm learning about the most traditional method in mosaic.
The mosaic will be made through the direct technique so you will learn the original roman andamento and basic mosaic skills how to cut, shape lay and grout this material into your chosen design. The emphasis will be on making but there will also be an opportunity to gain some knowledge of the history of Roman mosaics.
Tutor: Giulia Manzoni
Giulia Manzoni is a Master Mosaicist from world famous Mosaic School in Spilimbergo, Italy, renowned as one of the greatest mosaic schools in the world. She has worked in San Francisco and London, including restauration works done for the V&A museum.
All equipment and materials are supplied. You will need to choose a taken from an original Roman mosaic: View Design Templates
Course content :
- Briefly explanation about what mosaic is and its history and development through the ages;
- Study of dividing the image into a roman mosaic layout (Andamenti) and prepare the working surface, to which tiles will be applied;
- How to use mosaic making tools, cutting and how to lay mosaic tiles using tweezers and adhesive cement on a wood support;
- Producing a mosaic piece from a sketch using a direct technique;
- Grouting , cleaning and finishing your mosaic.
Book and Pay:
Price: £260 (Includes all materials and tuition)
A 5% discount applies when booking 2 or more places.
Payment method: Secure payment is being made online through Paypal - choose the number of places and click on Buy Now. If you don't have a Paypal account, then choose the Credit/Debit Card option. Alternatively you can send a cheque to London School of Mosaic, Ludham Basement, London NW5 4SF.
If you have any problems to make a payment, please call us on 020 7620 6070 (Mon-Fri) or send an email to email@example.com
Read our Terms & Conditions.