Mosaic short courses
During the academic year we run a number of weekend and evening short courses in making mosaics. These are for beginners as well as for hobbyists with many years of experience. Whether you choose an introductory course or a masterclass, you will be introduced to all technical aspects of making mosaics from cutting tiles through to layout. All materials are included from our well resourced, specialist mosaic studios.
Our short courses will give you an opportunity to dip into making mosaic, as well as work alongside our lecturers, artists and art students.
Our courses include:
- training in the Direct, Indirect and Double Direct method
- working with Ceramics and Vitreous glass tiles using Nippers
- working with Marble and Smalti using Hammer and Hardie
- Mudlarking and working with found objects in a Picassiette style
- working with the themes and genres: Portrait, Figurative work, Mandala, Roman Mosaics, Art Nouveau, Islamic Mosaic
We offer gift vouchers for our courses, which can be purchased here:
All courses can be booked below: